A character's stats define what a character can do in Fallen Earth. These stats can be divided into two types: base stats, whose values can be increased directly by the player, and derived stats, which gain their values from combinations of the base stats.
Primary Stats Edit
There are 8 primary stats that combined describe the root characteristics of a character. Each stat has a minimum value of (character level + 10) and a maximum value of ((character level + 10) * 1.5). A stat can be increased above the minimum value (but no higher than the maximum) by spending 5 Advancement Points (APs) per stat added.
Example: A new level one character will have stats with a value of 11, which can be increased as high as 16. When that character reaches level 2, all stats will have a value of at least 12 and the new maximum will be 18. Any improvements made to stats by spending APs will remain, so that a Strength of 16 on a level 1 character will increase to 17 automatically upon reaching level 2, where it can be further increased to 18 with the expenditure of 5 more APs.
The primary stats in Fallen Earth are:
- Charisma: Your Charisma affects your Gamma and Gamma Regeneration, as well as your maximums for Empathic, Enhancement, and Social.
- Coordination: Your Coordination affects your Stamina and Stamina Regeneration, as well as your maximums for Armor Use, Dodge, Escape Artist, Group Tactics, Illumination, Melee, and Telekinesis.
- Dexterity: Your Dexterity affects your Stamina, Stamina Regeneration, and Reflexes Save, as well as your maximums for Dirty Tricks, Escape Artist, Pistol, Precision, Rifle, and Sonic Influence.
- Endurance: Your Endurance affects your Health, Health Regeneration, and Body Save, as well as your maximums for Armor Use and Patho-Transmission.
- Intelligence: Your Intelligence affects your Gamma, Gamma Regeneration, and Mind Save, as well as your maximums for First Aid, Group Tactics, Nano-Manipulation, Precision, Thermal Control, and all Tradeskills.
- Perception: Your Perception affects your Reflexes Save and helps you detect other players in PvP zones, as well as your maximums for Dirty Tricks, Dodge, First Aid, Heavy Weapons, Pistol, Rifle, Social, Suppression, and all Tradeskills.
- Strength: Your Strength affects your Health, Health Regeneration, and Body Save, as well as your maximums for Heavy Weapons, Melee, Power, and Primal.Your character's muscle power.
- Willpower: Your Willpower affects your Mind Save, as well as your maximums for Power and all Mutations.
Derived Stats Edit
Derived stats further describe a character's traits, but unlike the primary stats, they cannot be directly modified by spending APs. Instead, they are determined by a combination of other stats and updated immediately as those stats change. Some of these stats are in the form of a 'pool' of points that are depleted through use or damage and replenished over time with abilities or items. The remaining attributes represent resistances or 'saves' that can mitigate or block certain negative game effects.
The Health stat represents how much damage a character can take before becoming incapacitated. Health can be replenished using First Aid abilities, healing mutations, and medical items. The rate at which health naturally replenishes can be improved through the consumption of food items, and by certain medical items. Health is calculated with the following formula:
Health = ((Level * 3) + (Strength * 3) + (Endurance * 4))
Example: A level 10 character with a Strength of 30 and an Endurance of 25 would have ((10 * 3) + (30 * 3) + (25 * 4)) = (30 + 90 + 100) = 220 Health
The Gamma stat represents a pool that powers a character’s mutation abilities. As mutations are used, the amount of gamma available decreases. The size of the pool can be affected by hostile mutations as well as gamma manipulation items. The rate at which the pool is replenished is affected by movement (decreased rate) and some gamma manipulation items. Gamma is calculated with the following formula:
Gamma = ((Intelligence * 3) + (Charisma * 2))
Example: A character with an Intelligence of 40 and a Charisma of 25 would have ((40 * 3) + (25 * 3)) = (120 + 75) = 195 Gamma
The Stamina stat defines how much energy a character can exert before exhaustion sets in. This energy is used when a character uses a non-mutation special ability granted by an active skill. When Stamina is depleted, a character also suffers reduced speed. The rate at which stamina naturally replenishes can be improved through the consumption of beverages. Stamina is calculated with the following formula:
Stamina = ((Dexterity * 3) + (Coordination * 2))
Example: A character with a dexterity of 28 and a coordination of 26 would have ((28 * 3) + (26 * 2)) = (84 + 52) = 136 Stamina
Resistance or 'Save' Stats Edit
The Body Save defines a person’s resistance to invasive special abilities, such as poisons and disease. Endurance and Strength are used to calculate Body Save.
The Mind Save is used as a saving throw against mental attacks, such as Telepathy. Intelligence and Willpower are used to calculate Mind Save.
The Reflexes Save allows characters to quickly sidestep special abilities, such as an Acid Spray. Dexterity and Perception are used to calculate Reflexes Save.
The character's learned abilities. They are involved in normal, non-mutation based combat, using items, and interacting with the environment. All skills start with a base value of 1 and can only be increased by spending 1 AP per point of skill.
- Armor Use: Your Armor Use skill improves your resistances while wearing armor. Max value equals 25% Coordination plus 75% Endurance.
- Dirty Tricks: Your Dirty Tricks skill gives you an arsenal of nasty tricks to use in a fight. Max value equals 50% Dexterity plus 50% Perception.
- Dodge: Your Dodge skill is the base value for your Melee and Ranged defense, which reduces the strength of your opponent's damage and critical hit bonuses. Max value equals 50% Coordination plus 50% Perception.
- Escape Artist: Your Escape Artist skill helps you get out of rough situations. It also makes you harder to detect on the tactical map in PvP areas. Max value equals 50% Dexterity plus 50% Coordination.
- First Aid: Your First Aid skill gives you the ability to perform medical treatments and use advanced medical equipment. Max value equals 25% Perception plus 75% Intelligence.
- Group Tactics: Your Group Tactics skill allows you to enhance the abilities of your allies. Max value equals 25% Coordination plus 75% Intelligence.
- Melee: Your Melee skill increases the damage you inflict with melee weapons, as well as your chance of a critical hit. Max value equals 50% Strength plus 50% Coordination.
- Pistol: Your Pistol skill increases the damage you inflict with pistols, as well as your chance of a critical hit. Max value equals 50% Dexterity plus 50% Perception.
- Power: Your Power skill increases the damage you inflict with Melee, Pistol, and Rifle weapons. Max value equals 50% Strength plus 50% Willpower.
- Precision: Your Precision skill increases your chance to get a critical hit with Melee, Pistol, and Rifle weapons. Max value equals 50% Dexterity plus 50% Intelligence.
- Rifle: Your Rifle skill increases the damage you inflict with rifles, as well as your chance of a critical hit. Max value equals 50% Dexterity plus 50% Perception.
- Social: Your Social skill is your ability to work mercantile deals in your favor and manipulate others. Max value equals 75% Charisma plus 25% Perception.
Every clone is granted access to the Alpha Mutation, but the others must be learned. Each mutation line covers a specific type of mutation and allows the player to learn special actions within that mutation line. Mutation abilities will augment rather than replace your primary combat abilities.
Except for the Alpha Mutation, each mutation line is associated with one stat, which, along with Willpower, determines both the minimum and maximum values for that line. All mutations start with a base value of 1 and can only be increased by spending 1 AP per point of mutation, up to double the base value of the mutation.
- Alpha Mutation: Your ability to control the basic mutations common to all clones. It is equal to your Willpower and cannot be raised with APs directly.
- Empathic: Your mutant abilities involve healing and curing yourself and others. Max value equals 75% Charisma plus 25% Willpower. Favored by the Lightbearers.
- Enhancement: Your mutant abilities enhance your team's resistances to damage and harmful effects. Max value equals 75% Charisma plus 25% Willpower. Favored by the Techs and CHOTA.
- Illumination: Your mutant abilities influence, increase and transform energies such as gamma and stamina. Max value equals 75% Coordination plus 25% Willpower.
- Nano-Manipulation: Your mutant abilities let you heal and cure your allies using nano-technology. This mutation line requires aiming. Max value equals 75% Intelligence plus 25% Willpower. Favored by the Techs.
- Patho-Transmission: Your mutant abilities harness and control a variety of diseases and plagues to weaken your enemies. Max value equals 75% Endurance plus 25% Willpower. Favored by the CHOTA.
- Primal: Your mutant abilities allow you to increase your health, transform health into damage, and become enraged. Max value equals 75% Strength plus 25% Willpower. Favored by the Vistas and CHOTA.
- Sonic Influence: Your mutant abilities utilize sound, damaging targets in various locations around you. This mutation line requires aiming. Max value equals 75% Dexterity plus 25% Willpower. Favored by the Travelers and Vistas.
- Suppression: Your mutant abilities reduce the stamina and gamma of others, returning some to your team. Max value equals 75% Perception plus 25% Willpower. Favored by Enforcers.
- Telekinesis: Your mutant abilities involve moving physical objects with your mind to damage and weaken enemies at a distance. This mutation line requires aiming. Max value equals 75% Coordination plus 25% Willpower. Favored by the Lightbearers.
- Thermal Control: Your mutant abilities damage opponents instantly and over time by drastically changing their body temperature. Max value equals 75% Intelligence plus 25% Willpower. Favored by the Techs and CHOTA.
Tradeskills allow players to craft items by learning recipes, collecting the appropriate tool kits and components, and spending the required time to make the item. Characters can learn as many tradeskills as they want. All tradeskill max values are based on 75% Intelligence and 25% Perception. Tradeskills are raised through use, up to double the base value of the skill. Tradeskills also allow you to write instructions of what you know and research more advanced recipes. There are 11 tradeskills:
- Armorcraft: Your ability to create armor from various components.
- Ballistics: Your ability to create firearms and other projectile weapons.
- Construction: Your ability to produce camps and buildings.
- Cooking: Your ability to cook and prepare food.
- Geology: Your ability to acquire resources from the earth and refine metals.
- Medicine: Your ability to make medical equipment.
- Mutagenics: Your ability to produce mutation affecting chemicals.
- Nature: Your ability to acquire resources from plants and animals, plus your general knowledge of the natural world.
- Scavenging: Your ability to acquire resources from piles of junk, garbage, and other random debris.
- Science: Your ability to build high tech devices and refine some materials.
- Weaponry: Your ability to build melee weapons.
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.