This page contains details of the technologies used by Fallen Earth.
Fallen Earth optionally supports the AGEIA PhysX physics processor for extra and improved physics effects, such as better looking smoke and gasses as well as bigger explosions.
Fallen Earth will use the popular SpeedTreeRT library for foliage effects, including wind effects, seamless LOD transitions and a library of tree models.
Fallen Earth will allow players to speak to each other ingame using the Vivox voice communications package. This includes team specific channels and the service will be provided to all players at no extra cost.
Generally speaking, Fallen Earth is going light on particle effects. Particle effects are primarily found on mutations, but even then not a lot. Skill-based abilities instead have animations, like giving hand signals when using Group Tactics.
- AGEIA, developers of the PhysX physics processor card.
- Fallen Earth Press Releases
- Icarus Studios, developers of the Icarus Platform.
- Interactive Data Visualization, Inc. (IDV), developers of the SpeedTreeRT foliage solution.
- Vivox, the increasingly popular solution for integrated voice communications.
- Question of the Week: May 30, 2007 - Followup Question Time!. Fallen Earth.com. Retrieved on 2007-07-18.
- Question of the Week: July 11, 2007 - Pictures of the Week!. Fallen Earth.com. Retrieved on 2007-07-19.