Patch 2.6 (Live since Wed 2012-12-19) Edit
Using the construction tradeskill players can now craft their own three, six or nine plot farms. Using the nature tradeskill players can craft seeds and cloning kit for organic components that they can plant and raise on their farm. Construction Trainers carry the Farms recipe lines, and Nature Trainers carry the Seeds recipe lines, both of which you will want to to get the most out of the new system.
Farms will last four hours once placed and follow the same restrictions as camps. Players can only have one active farm.
There are three new boosters that will aid players with their farms that can now be found in Red Titanium Lockboxes and in the Marketplace under the Services tab:
- The Farm Maintenance Kit will extend the duration the farm exists in the word by 4 hours per application, up to 72 hours.
- The Genetic Enhancer adds a 2nd stack for every harvest (for all plots on a farm), which also has double the chance to produce uncommon or rare components.
- First Class Fodder will increase the yield per harvest by 40% for all plots on a farm.
Note: Farms placed in PvP areas receive additional bonuses to yield per harvest.
The Dusty Lockbox now drops from Boss and Master mobs. It can be opened with a Red Key, and contains exclusive and all-new Western themed gear!
"I hate all those Whoms! How they sing and they shout!
I'd love to destroy them, and rip their guts out!"
The Grunch had an idea!
An awful idea!
The Grunch had a wonderful, awful idea!"
Grunches and Whoms have invaded the Wasteland! Seek out Cindy Loom Whom, found in Spider Hill, New Flagstaff, Trader's Flat and Los Alamos. If you can stop the Grunch and bring back some of the candy canes he stole Cindy will give you a special holiday reward. Players Level 46-55 can take a second mission to earn an exclusive (and antlered) bonus reward…
- Increased recharge to 13 for all levels of Lunatic.
- Increased recharge to 9 for all levels of Bastard
- Increased recharge from 15 to 20 for all levels of Jackal
- Fixed collision in buildings in Rest Stop.
- Removed floating door from a building in Brigg's Point.
- No vehicle zones have been added to Citadel.
- Player can no longer join Bloodsports while dead.