Vehicles will not be simply found intact, unless a character wants to give one away. A vehicle represents a huge investment of resources and work and as such will likely be a status symbol.
Getting a vehicle is a long and arduous process. Not counting gathering the necessary resources, characters have to acquire knowledge about how to craft the various vehicles which includes researching the components, crafting the components, and then finally assembling them into a usable vehicle – each of these steps taking several hours. All vehicle crafting is done by use of the Science tradeskill.
To get started with vehicle crafting, characters are able to do a number of quests (located in Sector 1) which on completion teaches the proper knowledge to start crafting and researching more advanced vehicles. All these quests also rewards a vehicle component that is used to craft the basic ATV.
Crafters will probably want to use one of the more storage-focused vehicles on their day-to-day travels rather than focusing on speed or sturdiness. While a motorcycle lets you carry four or so extra slots of inventory, a decked out Tornado Cargo Edition has thirty-two inventory slots.
There will also be items which can be used to beef up and improve vehicles, such as nitro canisters.
Vehicles allowing passengers currently does not exist, but will perhaps be added in the future.
- AF = Acquired From
- RS = Required Stat
- SA = Stat Amount
- FT = Fuel Type
- FE = Fuel Efficiency
- TS = Tank Size (Stamina)
- TSS = Total Storage Slots
- MIW = Max Inventory Weight (Kg)
All vehicles and their components are made using the Science tradeskill.
- ATV Key - Skill 30
- Franklin's Rider ATV Key - Skill 105
- Improved ATVs
- Advanced ATVs
- Motorcycle Key - Skill 45
- Improved Motorcycles
- Advanced Motorcycles
- GlobalTech Vehicles
- GT Chopper Key - Skill 195
- Dune Buggy Key - Skill 75
- Improved Dune Buggies
- Advanced Dune Buggies
- GlobalTech Vehicles
- The Rival Key - Skill 195
- Fastback Key - Skill 195
- Hatchback Key - Skill 195
- Tonneau Key - Skill 195
- Battle Fastback Key - Skill 195
Those vehicles are buyable in Marketplace, Reward Merchants, Auction or found in Black Boxes.
- Fallen Earth ATV - Marketplace
- Flame Rider Key - Marketplace
- Badland Rider Key - Marketplace
- Sharkbite Motorcycle Key
- Chopper Key - Marketplace (Promotional)
- Spiked Chopper Key - Legacy Reward
- Digital Chopper Key - Marketplace
- Tribal Chopper Key - Marketplace
- Valkyrie Chopper Key - Marketplace
- Barbed Wire Bobtail Key - Marketplace
- Flame Bobtail Key - Marketplace
- Jolly Bobtail Key - Premium Reward
- Scavenger's Dune Buggy Key - Reward Points
- Striped Speedster Key - Reward Points
- Interceptor Monster Key - Marketplace
- Hatchback Camo Key
- Striped Hatchback
- Hot Hatch
- Tonneau Camo Key
- Tonneau Stripes Key
- Tonneau Flames Key
- Tonneau Festiva Key
- Flame Battle Fastback Key
- Xmas Battle Tanker Key
- Fastback Camo Key
- Fastback Flames Key
- Fastback Stripes Key
Different vehicles require different types of fuel. Fuel can be bought at most garages (which usually are located outside towns and are marked by a red gasoline can on the map). Crafters will also be able to make it using the Science tradeskill. It's unlikely that any fuel can only be obtained through a single method, but really high-end fuel will have to be made by crafters.
Types of fuel:
There are currently no plans for pilotable vehicles. A large part of the travel elements in the Fallen Earth world are based on terrain, such as huge canyons making the trip between two points three hundred yards away take a few hours instead of a few minutes. While the developers want people to be able to get where the fun is, adding the capacity to fly would make a humongous change to the overall flavor of the game and one they don't think would be a change for the better.
Perhaps one day, they'll release magnetic or propelled hover vehicles, both of which are incapable of flying high above the ground.
- ↑ Question of the Week: July 18, 2007 - Not just questions, but a status update too!. Fallen Earth.com. Retrieved on 2007-07-19.
- ↑ Question of the Week: June 26 2008 - Crafter Inventory, Types of Guns, Drinks, Gun/Melee Stuns, Group Size. Fallen Earth.com. Retrieved on 2008-09-11.
- ↑ Question of the Week: July 31, 2008 - NO charge to test (ever!), NDAs, Europe vs US, Bicycles, Clans.... Fallen Earth.com. Retrieved on 2008-09-21.
- ↑ Question of the Week: July 24, 2008 - Vehicle Passengers, Server Events, Gameplay Style, Alive World.... Fallen Earth.com. Retrieved on 2008-09-20.
- ↑ Question of the Week: Aug 7, 2008 - Naming, Skulls, Lovecraft, Charlieeeee, Kingman Prison, Inventory.... Fallen Earth.com. Retrieved on 2008-09-22.
- ↑ Fallen Earth Developers. Question of the Week: August 29, 2007 - FE QotW Omnibus. Retrieved on 2007-12-30.
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Vehicles"
The following 40 pages are in this category, out of 40 total.